Weekend special ! After a tiring week, saturday got sometime for sleeping... but that wasnt good though :( more time I sleep, I get real bad head ache... nevertheless, got up switched on the TV ... channel surf... Sun TV ... PANCHATHANTIRAM !!! :O Woooo !!! God ! I have watched it 100 times or so... a wonderful movie .. couldnt watch that completely... went out ... had good time going out for lunch with best of my friends !
When I came back, was keen to know the score... South Africa were rocking ! Hashim Amla came back into playing scoring another 50+... Kallis had got a steady start... You know how it is... :) I preferred watching India bat rather than the visitors :):) so switched the channel... had never watched a kannada movie called "Devatha Manushya" but had heard about it and moreover, it was our Annavru's picture ;)... Lovely songs.. .great acting .. good theme... liked it...
There were plenty of commercials you see... and you know how it is ... it was "PLENTY" and were same set of ads ! :| ... As I saw, it was a shocker, I was wondering what I just saw was truth ... and it was true ! An ad in which the 2 leading detergent producers being compared directly...! Rin was compared with Tide without being censored!! It was very demoralizing ... This was the 1st ever time ads of such type was produced... Very bad and very unprofessional ! Rin being alive for more than several decades, doing such kind of acts is seriously unbelievable and unacceptable! :(
Anyways... hope the censor board take some action on this ...
Hmm... okayz.. more to come ... Take care.. see ya .. Happy Saturday!
I believe there is nothing shocking in that ad you mentioned..!! I myself have seen many ads like that.. one product being compared to its competitor..!! As long as the comparison is not demeaning.. and the data used for the comparison is right.. no one should have a problem..!! I have posted the guidelines for advertising below.. check it out..!!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.ascionline.org/regulation/ASCI_Code_of_Self_Regulation.pdf
The specific portion on comparisons in advertising is given below...
CHAPTER IV
To ensure that Advertisements observe fairness in competition such that the Consumer’s need to be informed on choice in the Market-Place and the Canons of generally accepted competitive behaviour in Business are both served.
1. Advertisements containing comparisons with other manufacturers or suppliers or with other products including those where a competitor is named, are permissible in the interests of vigorous competition and public enlightenment, provided:
(a) It is clear what aspects of the advertiser’s product are being compared with what aspects of the competitor’s product.
(b) The subject matter of comparison is not chosen in such a way as to confer an artificial advantage upon the advertiser or so as to suggest that a better bargain is offered than is truly the case.
(c) The comparisons are factual, accurate and capable of substantiation.
(d) There is no likelihood of the consumer being misled as a result of the comparison, whether about the product advertised or that with which it is compared.
(e) The advertisement does not unfairly denigrate, attack or discredit other products, advertisers or advertisements directly or by implication.
so.. there is nothing to be shocked and of course it is not demoralizing...!! the sole intention of ads is to give customers more information so that they can make better informed decisions!! so.. if product comparison is a means to it.. so be it..!! let the customer win..and let the customers choice prevail..!! :)
I just thought about the length of the comment and you said that :D ... Even I have seen that maga.. but I donno... I had never seen such ads at least here... I am not sure in the place you stay ! :P USA ! :P ;)
ReplyDeleteNo.. I meant.. I have seen such ads back home..!!
ReplyDeleteOh ! Ok ... send me the link from youtube if you come across any such ads..
ReplyDelete